Administering CBD Oil
1. Take CBD oil capsules for a simple option that’s easy to measure.
If you want a convenient, easy way to use CBD oil, capsules may be your best option. Check the label on your capsules to get the recommended dose, then take them as directed. You’ll likely start to notice effects in about 30 minutes. How the body absorbs the oil using this method can be affected by the foods consumed around the time of taking it.
- Capsules typically don’t provide relief as quickly as other CBD oil delivery methods. However, they’re easier to use and convenient to carry with you. Additionally, capsules ensure you’re getting the same dose each time.
- Here is a reliable place to buy CBD capsules online. You can look for capsules at a drugstore, a dispensary, or online.
Did You Know? CBD oil can be difficult to dose because each product is different and the product ingredients can separate and shift. Capsules are the only way to ensure you get the same dose each time you use it.
- You can find tincture options online here or here.
- You can find full-spectrum CBD oil options easily online. Popular brands include: Just CBD, Green Roads, and CBDistillery.
- If you’re looking to alleviate anxiety and sleep better, you can also try a CBD sleep oil.
- If your tincture comes in a spray bottle, spritz it once on the inside of each cheek.
- A tincture can start working in as little as 15 minutes, but you’ll likely start feeling the effects in about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Tinctures often come in different flavors to make them tastier.
Variation: Add your tincture to a drink if you don’t like the taste. Check the bottle of your tincture for dosing or squeeze 1-2 drops into your drink. Then, drink it as quickly as you can. It’ll take about 30 minutes for you to feel the effects of the CBD oil after you’ve consumed all of it.
3. Use a topical massage oil to treat chronic pain at the site.
- The evidence for the topical use of CBD oil is currently limited to animal studies.
- You may notice less pain immediately, but it’s more common to get relief in 30 minutes to a few hours. However, keep in mind that some people don’t get relief from CBD oil.
- If you don’t like the first oil you try, consider using a different product. You might buy a massage oil that has a higher concentration of CBD oil or a different carrier. For instance, CBD oil diluted with coconut oil might work better for you than CBD oil mixed with beeswax.
4. Consume CBD oil edibles if you don’t mind waiting for the effects.
- You can find safe CBD gummies online here.
- It typically takes about 2-4 hours for your body to digest enough of the product for the CBD oil to enter your bloodstream. However, sometimes the food can mask the CBD effects in your body, as everyone is different. If edibles sound fun to you, try them to see if they provide the effects you want.
Did You Know? The only difference between CBD oils and edibles is how your body processes them. Once CBD molecules are extracted from the cannabis plant, they’re dissolved in a lipid medium to create CBD oil. That oil can then be infused into foods like gummies or brownies, or it can be mixed into another oil and administered with a dropper.
5. Vape CBD oil to feel calm and relaxed quickly.
- Vape pen batteries are the base of a vape pen, while the cartridge is the part that contains what you’re smoking.
- You might feel the effects of CBD oil within 30 seconds of inhaling it.
Warning: Vaping may cause serious lung and respiratory issues. You might also experience shortness of breath and chest pain.