Getting Your House Ready
1. Clean your home.
- If you’re having overnight guests, change the linens on the bed where they will sleep.
- Put out clean towels in the bathroom.
2. Stock up on supplies.
- Check your supplies of toilet paper, soap, napkins, and other essentials.
- Make a shopping list based on your menus and any supplies you need to restock so you don’t forget anything when you shop.
3. Check the details.
- This is a great time to fix major things aren’t working, like plumbing that is stopped up or a broken step on your porch. If you can’t fix them in time, be sure to warn your guests and have a backup plan.
4. Organize your space.
- Set aside a space for your luggage on the surface like a trunk or the floor of a closet. You can even invest in a luggage rack. This will help guests stay organized.
- Make space in dressers and closets for your overnight guests.
5. Plan your guest list.
- Consider throwing a few smaller parties if you have a small space and a long guest list.
6. Tell guests exactly how long you can host them.
- If you don’t want overnight guests for more than a weekend, you could say, “We are so pleased you can visit us. We will be able to host you the weekend of the 10th to the 12th and would love to have you visit then.