Entertaining over Text
1. Make jokes that work well in a texting format.
- An example of a joke that works well over text would be: “Where do cows like to go on dates? To the moo-vies.”
2. Ask questions about her, but don’t overdo it.
- For example, if you’ve been talking a lot about her for the last few text messages, try changing the conversation to one of your shared interests and talk about that for a while.
- Feel free to talk about yourself too! As much as she’ll enjoy talking about herself, she’ll also appreciate being able to learn more about you.
3. Be willing to flirt a little bit when it seems appropriate.
- For example, if she says something about her hair, tell her how pretty you think her hair is.
- Choose opportune times to flirt. For instance, say something flirty when the conversation is on a casual topic, but not when you’re discussing something more serious.
4. Aim to keep your exchanges brief at first to keep her interested in you.
- At the same time, don’t be terse just for the sake of it. Feel free to send a more lengthy text when it’s appropriate (e.g., if she asks you a detailed question), but stick to shorter texts the rest of the time.